Volunteers make us stronger,
more connected and resilient.
When you volunteer at Papulankutja Artists you are freely giving your time to help our corporation, our community, and our artists.
Volunteers can expect:
- short-term, hands-on experience in the Aboriginal arts industry in a remote environment
- opportunities to match your interests and availability
- a cross-cultural experience working with Ngaanyatjarra Aboriginal people in their country
- to learn about Ngaanyatjarra culture and laws first hand
- a friendly environment, supported by staff who are passionate about the arts
- accommodation provided.
Volunteers who may not be looking for an arts experience but want to help in other ways can provide valuable assistance with repairs and maintenance, IT, governance, marketing, and general administration.
We welcome people with visual arts skills to develop or support new contemporary and innovative practice/products inspired by Ngaanyatjarra culture. These skills may include, but not limited to, paper-makers, archivists, studio assistance, gallery management, printmakers and product developers.
However, if you are as passionate about Aboriginal art as we are you may just want to help with the day-to-day running of the art centre.
If you’re interested in volunteering please email us with contact details, your CV and a brief statement explaining your reasons for volunteering. Registered volunteers will be contacted when opportunities arise.
Depending on circumstances we may be able to assist with travel costs.
For more information:
T: 08 8956 7586
M: 0477 567 537